Klitschko happy he lost World Heavyweight titles to Tyson Fury

– Former champion Wladimir Klitschko says
losing to Tyson Fury was a blessing in
disguise

– The Ukranian says not losing in 11 years
might have made him mentally weak in the
fight against Fury

– The former World heavyweight
champion lost on a unanimous points
decision in Dusseldorf

– A rematch with Tyson Fury is slated for 9
July in Manchester with two belts up for
grabs

Former champion Wladimir Klitschko says he
is glad he lost his world heavyweight titles
to Tyson Fury last December as he needed
the push to better himself.

Tyson Fury (right) vs Wladimir Klitschko
The Ukrainian, who was undefeated boxing
champion for nine years, will meet Tyson in a
rematch slated for 9 July in Manchester.

“Losing feels good,” Klitschko, 40, told
News men “I’m glad that my hand was not
raised that night.

“Failure is not an option unless it is the only
way to get better, and I had to get better. I
needed a push to get better and I got it. I feel
it.”

Klitschko, then the WBA, IBF and WBO
champion, lost on a unanimous points
decision in Dusseldorf but the defeat has not
dampened his spirit.

The Ukrainian suggested that being
undefeated for nine years might have made
him lose focus and weaken his mental
strength.

“I didn’t show my full potential in the fight,”
Klitschko said. “Physically I was in one of my
best shapes, but mentally I wasn’t there, not
present in the ring.

“After a while, you get used to defending and
not conquering the man in front of you. It will
be different on 9 July.”

He added: “If you want to destroy a person,
give him five years of success. I had no
failures for 11 and a half years

“After a while it’s OK to make a mistake and I
made a mistake against Fury. I want to make
that clear in my revenge and it is what I’m
looking forward to.”

Fury after defeating Klitchko

Recall that after beating Klitschko, Fury was
stripped of the IBF title because he would
not fight the mandatory challenger,
Vyacheslav Glazkov hence the belt went to
Charles Martin who was defeated by
Britain’s Anthony Olufemi Joshua.

The belt was won by Olympic super-
heavyweight champion earlier this month in
only his 16th professional fight.

Fury is the WBA and WBO world heavyweight
champion, American Deontay Wilder holds
the WBC title and Britain’s Anthony Joshua
holds the IBF belt.

Share on Google Plus

About Nora Agha

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment